'Questing' is at the heart of the game; Questing takes many forms, in this section we will go over all of them.
Automated Quests can earn you Quest Points which you can use to enhance your character in ways beyond what just leveling up can.
Other forms of Questing can carry with them unique rewards as well.
There are several NPCs that wander about the game world known as Questmasters. Most Questmasters will be obvious that they are when you look at them and will indicate for you to type quest request and read help quest.
Three Common Knowledge Lensmoorian Questmasters
- A Wise Old Man in Lorthien may send you on good, neutral, or evil quests.
- An Angelic Being in the Temple of Light may send you on good or neutral quests.
- An Demonic Being near the Temple of Night may send you on neutral quests or evil quests.
Three Common Knowledge Antrippan Questmasters
- An Old Sage in Semdea may send you on good, neutral, or evil quests.
- A Kindly Spirit in the The Traderoute may send you on good or neutral quests.
- The Sage of the Wastelands in the park of Antrippa City may send you on neutral quests or evil quests.
When you request a quest, you will be given a task, a target, a location, and a time limit. You will be required to go to the location, complete the task, return to the questmaster and type Quest Complete before the time limit is up. The types of tasks are as follows:
- Kill: You will be sent to kill a target; that target will have a [TARGET] tag in the room description.
- Capture: Like Kill questing, you will be set after a target with a [TARGET] tag, but in this case you will have to use the subdue command, beat the target until it is stunned, and then use the bind command to tie it up; it will follow you while bound. You will then have to return it to the questmaster before it can escape. These quests will usually award more EXP than the target would give if you had killed it.
- Consult: You will be sent to a target NPC to type consult at. While a consult target, the mob will become unkillable.
- Delivary: You will be given a package, and told who to take it do.
- Retrieve: An item will be laying on the ground in the specified room, find it, get it.
When you go to a Questmaster and type Quest Request while the member of a group, you will start that group on a Group Quest instead of a solo one.
Group Questing is considered FAR more productive than solo questing, both in terms of EXP and Quest Points. Gathering with other players in groups is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
There are two forms of Group Quests:
- Horde: You will be sent to kill a certain number of a single NPC that has invaded a specific zone around your level. The number of NPCs you will have to fight at the same time is dependent on he size of your group, in other words smaller groups will have it slightly easier.
- Leader: One random NPC around your level is beefed up to super-status, gaining all kinds of resistances, saves, damage bonuses, and more. You will be sent to find and kill this single NPC. Many named NPCs that are never seen on horde quests may show up for Leader Quests.
Mainly aimed at non-combat characters known as crafters, these quests allow you to gain Quest Points by producing items through the game's crafting system. In order to successfully complete chains of Crafting Quests you will have to learn all the crafts in the game. Extremely minor amounts of EXP are also gained by producing items.
- Lensmoorian players can find a Crafting Questmaster in The Basion
- Antrippan players can find one in the Antrippan Trade Market.
There are two forms of Crafting Quests:
- Gathering: You will be given an area, and a type of material to gather. You will have to travel from room to room around that area searching for that material with the approprate gathering skill. When you successfully gather the unique Quest Item, it will be added to your inventory.
- Commission: You will be given an item type, a material type, and a trade-skill to use. You will have to create this item and then use the DETAIL command to make it match the description the questmaster is looking for. When the item matches, you can turn it in.
Members of the Immortal Staff will often run mini events called Global Quests. These quests are most often considered out of character and not serious, although exceptions have been made.
There are several forms of Global Quests:
- Collect: Collect as many of an item as you can. Type Quest Score to turn any collected objects into 1 Quest Point each. These items will be scattered all over the world.
- Kill: Kill as many NPCs of that type as you can. These NPCs will be scattered all over the world.
- Quest Points or Gold: A special quest where you score off the ground as either Quest Points or Money -- YOUR CHOICE!
- Many others exist built by the immortals, check out the help games file for more details.
Most zones in the game have tasks you can complete within their story.
These hidden story-based tasks that have you interacting with a Zone's NPCs are known as Zone Quests or Area Quests. Almost all Zone Quests in the game can only be completed once; almost all of them provide you with 20 Quest Points and 5 Practices for completing them; some Zone Quests will give you other rewards
These are Zone Quests or Area Quests that's ultimate goal is to allow you to transform into a Remort Race. These are typically much harder than the average Zone Quest.
From time to time a World Event is run by members of the Immortal Staff. There may be some kind of rebellion, invasion, crisis, or other event that requires the attention of a group of players to solve.
These events usually encourage roleplay amoungst players and reward them for making the event rich and worthwhile. Rewards for World Events may be unique and never able to be gotten again.